Who doesn’t love bacon? We sure do here at Stonewall Kitchen and decided that in addition to highlighting this tasty treat in our cooking school with classes such as “You Had Me At Bacon”, why not incorporate it into our products as well? Our savory jams such as Red Pepper Jelly and Roasted Garlic Onion Jam are some of our most popular items, so our R&D team got to work on creating a new savory jam that would blow everyone away. Enter, our new Maple Bacon Onion Jam. With layers of robust flavor, this artfully crafted and savory combination of spices, sweet brown sugar, apples, shallots and bits of real bacon is a pantry essential.
So what do you do with a Maple Bacon Onion Jam? Here are a few of our favorite ways to use this new jam:
- As a condiment on your burgers
- Paired with cheese (Blue Cheese and Brie pair wonderful with this jam)
- As a base in a pan sauce – such as in this recipe for Maple Bacon and Onion Pork Medallions
- Mixed into Mashed Potatoes for an extra punch of flavor
- To create a fun, flavorful pizza, such as our Savory Jam Pizza
Once the R&D Team got started, they didn’t just stop at Maple Bacon Onion Jam – they also were able to create a Maple Bacon Aioli. This aioli is for anyone who craves the captivating taste of real bacon and sweet maple syrup. From lunch to dinner, this aioli wakes up taste buds and adds great flavor to sandwiches, burgers and grilled meats.
You are probably already dreaming up ways to use this flavorful aioli, but here are a few of our favorite uses.