“Later we’ll have some pumpkin pie…”
Sweet and savory, these delicious mini pumpkin pies are a real holiday delight.
Pumpkin Pie in a Jar
Pie Filling –
- 1 (1/4-ounce) package unflavored gelatin
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
- 1 (14-ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin purée
- Ginger cookies, crumbled
Sweetened Whipped Cream –
- 1 cup whipping cream, cold
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Pure Vanilla Extract
- Whisk together the gelatin, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, salt, Maine Maple Syrup, sweetened condensed milk and eggs in a heavy saucepan over low heat.
- Stir continuously until thickened, about 10 minutes. Add pumpkin purée and mix until uniformly blended.
- Pour into individual 8-ounce jars and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving.
- Chill a mixing bowl. Add cream, sugar and Pure Vanilla Extract to the bowl. Mix on medium speed until soft peaks form.
- Serve each pie topped with sweetened whipped cream and garnish with crumbled ginger cookies.
- This recipe will also make one 9-inch pie.
- Make the individual pies as an easy way to transport dessert during the Holidays.