“Rooty-toot-toots and rummy-tum-tums…”
Add a little holiday cheer to any gathering with this classic.
Hot Buttered Rum
Hot Buttered Rum Base –
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
For the Drink –
- 8 ounces dark rum
- 1 cup boiling water
- Vanilla ice cream, optional
- For the base, place butter, Maine Maple Syrup, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in the bowl of a free stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, or use a hand mixer. Mix on medium speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of the butter mixture and 2 ounces of rum in each mug. Add 1/4 cup hot water and stir with a spoon. Top with a small scoop of ice cream, if desired.
- Make the hot buttered rum base and place in a decorative jar and give as a gift with a bottle of rum. Don’t forget to attach a card with instructions!