“Ring-a-ling, hear them sing…”
Ring in the holidays with a batch of delicious silver bell sugar cookies.
Silver Bell Cookies
Note: Makes 3 cups of icing.
Royal Icing –
- 3 Tablespoons meringue powder
- 4 cups confectioner’s sugar
- 5 Tablespoons warm water
- Make sugar cookies according to package directions.
- Beat all icing ingredients until peaks form. For colored frosting, simply mix in a little food coloring.
- Using a small off-set spatula, spread the royal icing over the cookie and then get creative with your decorations! You can use items readily available in your local grocery store such as sanding sugar, sprinkles and dragées.
- This frosting works best for decorating sugar cookies because it is easy to work with and stiffens as it sits, helping to keep your decorations intact.