“And I’ve brought some corn for popping…”
Surprise someone with unique and tasty jars of holiday popcorn fun.
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Coffee Caramel Sauce or Sea Salt Caramel Sauce
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 16 cups freshly popped popcorn
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans, walnuts or peanuts, optional
- Spray or butter a large ovenproof pan, add popped corn and place in a preheated 250ºF oven to keep warm.
- Combine Coffee Caramel or Sea Salt Caramel, light corn syrup and cream of tartar in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in baking soda thoroughly and return to heat for one minute. At this point, add nuts if desired.
- Remove popcorn from oven, and pour warm syrup mixture over it, stirring to coat well.
- Transfer to a nonstick baking sheet, flatten somewhat and bake in a 225ºF oven for approximately 30-45 minutes or until crisp and not sticky.
- Stir every 15 minutes and watch for a nice golden color. Test occasionally for doneness – the popcorn should be crunchy.
- Turn popcorn out onto waxed paper and allow to cool.
- Break into pieces and store in a tightly covered container.