“May your days be merry and bright…”
Light, moist and so full of delicious gingerbread flavor, this recipe makes a wonderful holiday breakfast.
Sweetened Crème Fraîche –
- 1/2 cup crème fraîche (or sour cream)
- 1 Tablespoon light brown sugar
French Toast –
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1-2 Tablespoons butter
- 3-4 slices bread
- Stonewall Kitchen Holiday Jam or Sugar Plum Jam
- To make the sweetened crème fraîche, combine the crème fraîche and light brown sugar in a small bowl and mix until uniform. Set aside.
- Break eggs into a shallow bowl and whisk. Add milk, cinnamon, ginger, and allspice and whisk until well blended.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat and melt 1 Tablespoon butter.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture on both sides.
- Cook until French toast is browned on the bottom. Flip and continue to cook until the other side is browned. Add more butter if needed.
- Serve French toast topped with sweetened crème fraîche and a large spoonful of Holiday or Sugar Plum Jam.