“There’ll be parties for hosting…”
Tart and sweet, these candied cranberries make a great addition to holiday appetizers and drinks!
Note: Makes 1 cup.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup fresh whole cranberries
- 1/3 cup superfine sugar
- Combine granulated sugar and water in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until the sugar is dissolved, the syrup comes to a low boil and thickens slightly. Remove from heat.
- Add cranberries and stir to coat. Allow to cool several hours or cover and refrigerate overnight in the syrup.
- Strain cranberries, reserving the syrup.
- Place superfine sugar in a shallow bowl. Toss cranberries until coated. Spread in a single layer on a rimmed baking sheet to dry for one hour. Cranberries can be made 3 days in advance. Keep refrigerated in an airtight storage container until ready to use.
- Flavor the superfine sugar with orange zest or fresh grated ginger before coating the cranberries.
- Use the cranberry simple syrup to flavor drinks (see recipes below).
- 3 Tablespoons cranberry simple syrup
- 2 Tablespoons vodka
- 1/2 cup seltzer
- 1 Tablespoon cranberry simple syrup
- 6 ounces dry white wine or sparkling wine