“Well maybe just half a drink more…”
Take the chill out of the coldest winter days with this warm and tasty treat. The perfect way to start your Sunday morning!
Peppermint Hot Chocolate with Marshmallows
- 3 (1/4-ounce) packages unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Pure Vanilla Extract
- Confectioner’s sugar for dusting
- Stonewall Kitchen Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- Place the gelatin and 1/2 cup cold water in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Allow to sit 5-10 minutes.
- Make the syrup by placing the sugar, corn syrup salt and 1/2 cup water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Cook stirring continuously until the sugar dissolves. Increase the temperature to high and continue to cook until the syrup reaches 240ºF measured on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat.
- Turn mixer on low speed. Slowly add the syrup to the dissolved gelatin. Put mixer on high speed and whip until the mixture is thick, about 15 minutes. Add Pure Vanilla Extract and beat to incorporate.
- Generously coat an 8×12-inch non-metal baking dish with confectioner’s sugar. Spread marshmallow mix into the pan and smooth the top. Dust top with additional confectioner’s sugar. Allow to stand uncovered overnight until the marshmallows dry out.
- Turn marshmallows out onto a cutting board dusted with confection’s sugar. Cut them into squares and dust with additional confectioner’s sugar.
- Prepare hot chocolate according to canister directions.
- Serve hot chocolate with marshmallows.
- Try roasting the marshmallows over a flame to toast them, then serve with hot cocoa.
- Press toasted coconut into the top of the marshmallow mix before letting it stand overnight.