Sunday brunch is quite arguably the best thing to happen to weekends. Sweet, savory, or a combination of the two – it’s all good in our book. With the holidays closing in quickly, enjoy this extra time with your friends and family and get together for brunch. You won’t regret it.
Here’s a peak at the menu we’re sharing with our loved ones today –
Build Your Own Crepe Bar
Tart and sweet, the lemon cream filled strawberries are a perfect start to the morning. Best of all? They can be assembled several hours before hand, so you have more time to visit with your guests.
Next up is a Breakfast Strata with Roasted Apple Grille Sauce. Hearty bread, bacon, granny smith apples, sharp white cheddar cheese and Roasted Apple Grille Sauce meld together with eggs, milk and cream for a great, savory brunch dish. Again, this dish can be made ahead. It needs to sit for at least 30 minutes, but can be up to overnight.
For the sweet tooth, wow your company with a “Build Your Own Crepe Bar.” We love our Cucinapro Crepe Maker. It’s fun and easy to use – so easy, the ready lights tell you when your crepe is cooked. We like to keep it traditional with our Traditional Crepe Mix and set out a variety of fillings and toppings. Try these fillings:
Chocolate Crepe Filling:
- 4 ounces cream cheese or Mascarpone, softened
- ¼ cup Stonewall Kitchen Bittersweet Chocolate Sauce (or your favorite chocolate sauce)
- 1 Tablespoon confectioner’s sugar
Blueberry Peach Filling:
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 2/3 cups Stonewall Kitchen Blueberry Peach Butter (or your favorite fruit butter)
- 8 ounces Mascarpone cheese, room temperature
Traditional Cream Cheese Filling:
- 8 ounces cream cheese (whipped if available), room temperature
- ¼ cup, plus 2 Tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tablespoon grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon
Simply pair these fillings with mixed berries, sliced bananas, jam, or chocolate sauce and you’ll have something to please everyone.