Hosting a party for New Year’s? Or just looking for a good excuse to have friends over for appetizers? We’ve got you covered. We love putting on a spread for close friends and family on New Year’s Eve. Finger food, drinks, great company – what more could you ask for? If you need some ideas, here are some of our favorites we’ve been serving lately.
We can’t decide which aioli we like more in this dip – Maple Bacon or Truffle. We’ll let you decide. Either way, our recipe developer really knocked this one out of the park. Serve this hot with crackers, tortilla chips or crostini.
This appetizer speaks for itself, as it really does melt in your mouth. Tangy Maine Maple Champagne Mustard and sweet Maine Maple Syrup make the perfect sauce for this easy shrimp bite. And pretty to look at, to boot!
Because who doesn’t love puff pastry? With a hint of Spicy Honey Mustard and Farmhouse Red Relish, these are a definite crowd pleaser. Make sure you have a bowl of Spicy Honey Mustard out for dipping, too!
For a spicier kick, we love these crab cakes! If you would like to make a milder, less spicy, version of this recipe you can substitute half of the Sriracha Aioli with mayonnaise. Here, ours are served on little toast rounds but feel free to use whatever you prefer.
Last but not least, we’re still hooked on truffle and would be remiss to leave out this decadent spread featuring our Truffle Spread. It’s perfect for French bread or an assortment of crackers. We jazz up our tray with grapes for nibbling on, too.
Now for drinks!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce Stonewall Kitchen Pomegranate Cosmo Mixer
- Splash of Cointreau
- Lime peel, for garnish
- Mix all ingredients together in a cocktail shaker and shake well.
- Strain into a chilled martini glass and garnish with a lime twist, if desired.
- 2 ounces vodka
- 1 ounce Stonewall Kitchen Wild Maine Blueberry Syrup
- Juice of 1 lemon wedge
- Lemon peel, for garnish
- Blueberries, for garnish
- Moisten the rim of a martini glass with lemon and dip in sugar.
- Fill a cocktail shaker 3/4 full with ice.
- Add the vodka, Wild Maine Blueberry Syrup and the juice of one lemon wedge. Cover and shake vigorously until frost appears on the outside of the shaker, about 20 seconds.
- Strain drink into prepared martini glass.
- Garnish with lemon peel and blueberries.
And of course, don’t forget the bubbly! Happy New Year!