As January brings us frigid temperatures here in New England, we find ourselves craving warm and comforting meals when we get home at night. For nights that we need to get dinner on the table quickly and crave these comfort meals, we turn to our Simmering Sauces.
Family favorites like Pulled Pork, Sloppy Joes, Classic Chili and Mom’s Meatloaf all can be on the table with minimal preparation steps. Check them out!
- 4 pounds boneless pork shoulder
- Salt and pepper
- 3 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Pulled Pork Simmering Sauce
- 6-8 sandwich buns
- Prepared coleslaw
- Preheat oven to 325ºF.
- Rub salt and pepper onto the pork.
- Heat vegetable oil in a heavy ovenproof cooking pot that has a lid over medium-high heat. With the lid off, brown the roast on all sides. Drain off all but 2 Tablespoons of fat.
- Pour jar of Pulled Pork Simmering Sauce over pork. Cover pot and bake for 2 ½ – 3 hours until the pork can easily be pulled apart with a fork. Spoon the sauce over the roast several times during baking.
- When done, remove roast from pot. Pull pork apart removing any fat. Add pulled pork back to the pot with sauce and stir.
- Serve warm on a sandwich bun topped with coleslaw.
Sloppy Joe Sandwiches
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 ¼ pounds ground beef
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Sloppy Joe Sauce
- 6 sandwich buns
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add ground beef. Stir and cook until meat is browned, drain off fat.
- Add Sloppy Joe Sauce. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Serve hot on slightly toasted buns.
Stonewall Kitchen Classic Chili
- 1 Tablespoon oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Chili Starter
- 1 (15-ounce) can red kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in a 2-quart saucepan. Add ground beef and cook over medium-high heat until browned.
- Add one jar of Chili Starter and one can of drained and rinsed red kidney beans.
- Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes. Serve with grated cheddar cheese and sour cream.
- 2 pounds ground beef, chilled (or your favorite ground meat)
- 1 ½ cups bread crumbs
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Mom’s Meatloaf Starter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the ground meat, bread crumbs, egg and ¾ of the jar of Mom’s Meatloaf Starter. Mix well with your hands or a wooden spoon.
- Place mixture in prepared loaf pan. Spread the remaining Mom’s Meatloaf Sauce over the top. Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the center of the meatloaf has a temperature of 165ºF. Allow meatloaf to rest 10 minutes. Cut into slices and serve.