There’s just something about the combination of fresh herbs, olives and tomatoes that makes us yearn for spring that much more. One of our favorite combinations is this rustic pasta dish with chicken and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto – it’s the kind of meal you want to enjoy al fresco with crusty bread and a glass of wine.
This dish calls for 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, halved and pitted. Check out our Recipe Developer’s tip for pitting olives with ease!
Pasta Rustica with Fresh Mozzarella, Olives and Grilled Chicken
- 2 packages dried fresh cheese Tortellini
- 6 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 large onion, julienned
- 1 pound cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2/3 cup Vermouth
- 1 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 cup basil, julienned
- 3/4 cup Kalamata olives, halved and pitted
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 pound fresh Mozzarella cheese, cut into cubes
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- Salt and pepper
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Cook 45-50 minutes until juices run clear. Set aside for 10 minutes then cut into bite size chunks.
- Cook Tortellini al dente. Drain well and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add onion and sauté until onion begins to brown, about 6 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes and cook 2-3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 2-3 minutes. Add Vermouth, parsley, basil, oregano, olives and Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto. Cook for about 4 minutes.
- Add Tortellini and chicken. Toss to coat and heat.
- Add fresh Mozzarella, season with salt and pepper. Serve.