Go veggie tonight with these delicious (and satisfying) Garden Vegetable Lasagna Roll-Ups! All the delicious flavors of lasagna rolled up into individual servings. They’re elegant enough for company, but easy enough to make on a weeknight. We like to pair ours with a simple green salad and toasty garlic bread.
Garden Vegetable Lasagna Roll-Ups
- 2 small eggplants
- Olive oil
- 9 lasagna noodles
- 15 ounces ricotta cheese
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach (or 1/2 pound fresh, trimmed spinach), cooked and drained well
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Stonewall Kitchen Traditional Marinara Sauce or Roasted Garlic Basil Sauce
- Fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a baking sheet. Thinly slice eggplant lengthwise. Brush each side with olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Spread out on a baking sheet. Bake in preheated oven about 30 minutes, turning once half way through the cook time.
- Remove from oven and set aside. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions, drain.
- Make sure all moisture is squeezed out of the cooked spinach. In a medium size bowl, combine the ricotta cheese, spinach, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, eggs, nutmeg and salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly.
- Lay pasta on a work surface. Evenly divide the ricotta mixture on each lasagna noodle. Spread mixture over entire length of the noodle. Place eggplant slices on top of the ricotta. Roll each noodle up. Spread some Traditional Marinara Sauce in the bottom of a greased 8×8-inch baking dish. Place lasagna rolls on top of sauce. Spread remaining sauce over pasta rolls.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 25 minutes. Top with remaining mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. Return to oven and bake 20 minutes until the cheese is melted, but not brown.
- Serve garnished with chopped basil.
For quick garlic bread try our Roasted Garlic Bread Spread over your favorite loaf of bread. Enjoy!