Warm summer nights have finally arrived and we can enjoy our patio furniture again! What better way to celebrate than with a tasty meal from the grill? Try these Garlic Rosemary Chicken Skewers with wild rice. Quick and easy, you’ll have dinner ready in no time.
Garlic Rosemary Chicken Skewers
- 4 bamboo skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 bottle Stonewall Kitchen Garlic Rosemary Citrus Sauce
- 1 box wild rice mix
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Heat grill. Place chicken cubes on bamboo and place in a shallow pan. Extra vegetables could be threaded on the skewers as well for more color.
- Pour Garlic Rosemary Citrus Sauce over the chicken (and vegetables, if desired) and let marinate until grill reaches medium heat.
- Grill skewers 8-10 minutes on each side, turning frequently so as not to burn.
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Add zucchini to the wild rice in the first half of the cooking process. This will soften up the zucchini.
- Soak golden raisins in apple juice to plump.
- When the rice is fully coked, remove from heat and add the drained raisins, cherry tomatoes and toasted almonds.
- Serve the grilled chicken skewers over the wild rice.