Tis the season for delicious, ripe strawberries! We are so happy these juicy berries are back in season and can’t wait to hit the fields to pick our own. Delicious on their own, mixed with yogurt in the morning or as a topping on desserts, we just can’t get enough.
A quick and tasty dessert recipe we’ve been enjoying lately are these Strawberry Apple Rhubarb Dessert Quesadillas. Freshly sliced strawberries top a buttery tortilla with a cream cheese and jam filling that is delectable.
Strawberry Apple Rhubarb Dessert Quesadillas
- 8 flour tortillas
- 8 Tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 12 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Strawberry Apple Rhubarb Jam
- 4 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 8 strawberries, sliced
- 2 Tablespoons confectioner’s sugar
- Spread each tortilla with 1 Tablespoon cream cheese.
- Spoon 1 1/2 Tablespoons Strawberry Apple Rhubarb Jam over the cream cheese and spread evenly.
- Fold each tortilla in half and brush tops with butter.
- Heat a heavy skillet until very hot but not smoking, and place tortillas, buttered side down into the hot skillet and cook 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Brush exposed top with butter, turn over in the pan and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Transfer quesadillas to serving plates and arrange strawberries over all.
- Sprinkle with confectioner’s sugar and serve immediately.