New product launches are an exciting time for us here at Stonewall Kitchen. Not only do we get to share these tasty new products with our guests, but we get to enjoy some new recipes too! Our Recipe Developer has been hard at work for the past several months creating new recipes featuring some of our new products.
Today, we’re sharing what might be one of our new favorite pasta salad dishes, Kale Pasta Salad, featuring our new Kale & Arugula Pesto. This pesto has wonderful flavor notes of kale and arugula, smooth olive oil, robust Romano cheese, garlic, ground walnuts and spices. We hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
For us, pasta salads are the ultimate summer side dish. Mainly because of how flexible they can be. They can be the perfect side dish for just about anything you serve from the grill or they can be served as a main course with added protein. They are wonderful packed in your lunch the next day as well.
Stay tuned for more tasty pasta salad recipes this summer – for now, enjoy this fresh dish!
Kale Pasta Salad
For the dressing:
- 6 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Kale & Arugula Pesto
- 2 Tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
For the pasta:
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 ounces pancetta, diced
- 8 ounces orecchiette pasta
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh herbs (such as basil or parsley), chopped
- 1/2 cup kalamata olives, pitted and cut in half
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 cup pearl, fresh mozzarella
- 1 cup English cucumber, cut in half and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper
- For the dressing – whisk together the Kale & Arugula Pesto, red wine vinegar and olive oil.
- Heat 1 Tablespoon oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown and crisp. Remove from pan and cool.
- Cook the orecchiette pasta according to package instructions. Drain and cool.
- Combine the pancetta, pasta, scallions, herbs, olives, tomatoes, mozzarella and cucumber in a large serving bowl. Add the dressing and toss to lightly coat the salad ingredients.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve immediately.