They say, “nothing goes with a hot tan like a cold margarita,’ and we couldn’t agree more. To celebrate the season, we punched up our Classic Margarita recipe by adding fresh strawberries. The color and the added sweetness makes this drink perfect for a warm summer night. Having guests over? Try out one of our Mexican appetizer recipes featured on our website. We recommend trying the Nachos Grande for a casual get-together!
This recipe is best with fresh strawberries, but if you can’t get ahold of those aim to use the ripest berries you can find.
- 1/2 cup strawberries, pureed in a food processor
- 3 ounces tequila
- 2 ounces Stonewall Kitchen Margarita Mixer
- 1 ounce Triple Sec
- 2-4 Tablespoons agave nectar, optional
- Coarse salt to rim glasses
- Strawberries and lime for garnish
- Combine the pureed strawberries, tequila, Margarita Mixer and Triple Sec in a shaker with ice. Shake well. If strawberries are not sweet enough, add agave nectar to taste.
- Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of the margarita glasses. Dip the rim of each glass into salt that has been spread out on a plate. Strain drink into ice filled glasses. Garnish with a lime and strawberry.
Yum! There’s nothing we love more than impressing our guests with a twist on an old favorite. If your guests would like a sweeter drink, you can add a teaspoon or so of agave nectar. Be sure to serve these in clear glasses to show off the beautiful concoction you’ve just created!