We know we just professed our love on the topic last week, but with International Bacon Day, we felt it was necessary to pay tribute.
We hit the kitchen with pizza on the mind and Maple Bacon Onion Jam in hand. With layers of robust flavor, and the combination of spices, sweet brown sugar, apples, shallots and bits of bacon, we knew it wouldn’t lead us wrong as a pizza base. To that, we added more cooked bacon and creamy blue cheese with BLT elements of chopped tomatoes and arugula. We think it’s a keeper, but let us know what you think!
Happy International Bacon Day to all our fellow bacon lovers!
Maple Bacon Onion and Blue Cheese BLT Pizza
- Store bought or homemade pizza dough
- 1/4 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maple Bacon Onion Jam
- 12 ounces shredded Italian blend cheese
- 5 slices cooked bacon, cut into thick pieces
- 3 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 cup Arugula or baby spinach
- 1/2 cup grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 Tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Stretch pizza dough and place on a pre-heated pizza stone or pizza pan, working into formation.
- Layer the dough evenly with Maple Bacon Onion Jam and shredded Italian cheese. Top with bacon pieces and crumbled blue cheese.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and the crust is golden brown. Top with arugula, tomatoes and pine nuts. Cut and serve immediately.