As lifelong mustard fans, both Jonathan and Jim have always experimented with creating new and delicious flavored mustards. As true “Maine-ahs,” the idea for our delicious Maine Maple Champagne Mustard seemed like a natural fit in 1995.
Starting with the same ground mustard base as our Roasted Garlic Mustard, we blended the base with the perfect amount of one of Maine’s treasures, pure maple syrup, for a sweet and savory combination that is nothing short of spectacular. After a splash of champagne and a little touch of honey, this mustard’s greatest strength is its nuance. Its harmonious flavor combination flatters a variety of dishes and is sure to bring out the creativity of any mustard aficionado.
We may be biased, but we think it’s the perfect accompaniment for a traditional baked ham or used as a chicken or pork glaze. We also love using mustards in place of mayonnaise in chicken or potato salad, or as a coating on chicken dipped in panko bread crumbs. It’s especially delicious in our Summer Harvest Salad, full of our garden’s bounty – check out the recipe below! Of course, even an ordinary turkey sandwich becomes a wholly memorable occasion with some of this flagship condiment in every bite!
To celebrate our 25th Anniversary, we’re giving away 1 lucky winner their own jar of Maine Maple Champagne Mustard. Enter here for your chance to win, as well as a chance to visit us in Maine for the Ultimate Stonewall Kitchen Experience!
Summer Harvest Salad
- Kernels from 2 ears of cooked corn or 1 cup frozen corn kernels, defrosted
- 10 cherry tomatoes, split
- 2 small zucchini, ends trimmed and julienned
- 6 scallions, including green parts, cut into 1/4-inch diagonal slices (about 1 cup)
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Champagne Mustard
- 1/2 cup Stonewall Kitchen Champagne Shallot Walnut Dressing
- 2 Tablespoons fresh dill, choppd
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Combine corn, tomatoes, zucchini, scallions and avocado in a bowl.
- Blend Maine Maple Champagne Mustard, Champagne Shallot Walnut Dressing and dill together in a small bowl.
- Pour about 3/4 of the dressing over salad and toss to blend. Add more dressing as needed.
- Season with salt and pepper, toss again and serve.