Our full range of products is never short on inspiration. From our own spin on popular trends to refined versions of classic essentials, we approach every idea with creativity and flair. But since the beginning, one of our core inspirations has been to always create distinct and delicious twists on traditional New England flavors. Our award-winning Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce boldly embodies that inventive philosophy.
This sauce blends fiery chipotle peppers and maple syrup, plus molasses, mustard seed and curry powder for a full-flavored sweet heat that compliments anything on the grill. We think it’s superb used as a dipping sauce or as a traditional spread for your favorite sandwich. It makes for an exciting and smoky addition to baked beans for those warm summer barbecues, or for a robust and delectable crockpot dinner. No matter what you’re making, this sauce is a real winner! During the summer, we love using it on quick Barbecued Steak Wrap-Ups for an easy weeknight meal. Check out the recipe below!
Consistently a top seller, our Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce launched to immediate customer acclaim in 1995 and brought home the Specialty Food Association’s Outstanding Savory Condiment award in 1997. In 2009, it won Best Condiment at AmericasMart Atlanta showroom. It’s as prestigious as it is delicious!
To celebrate our 25th Anniversary, we’re giving away 1 lucky winner their own jar of Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce. Enter here for your chance to win, as well as a chance to visit us in Maine for the Ultimate Stonewall Kitchen Experience!
Barbecued Steak Wrap-Ups with Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce
For the marinade –
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup olive or canola oil
- 2 pounds flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce
For serving –
- Flat bread or thick tortillas, warmed in tin foil over the grill or in a preheated oven
- Cilantro leaves
- Grilled onions
- In a small bowl, combine marinade ingredients. Place the flank steak in a shallow, non-reactive baking dish and pour marinade over the steak. Turn the steak to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to overnight.
- Prepare a charcoal or gas fire. Remove the steak from the marinade, pat dry and discard marinade. Grill the steak to desired doneness, approximately 5-6 minutes per side for medium rare, brushing each side with Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce. Allow the steak to rest for 5 minutes before slicing. This helps keep the meat tender and succulent.
- Cut thin slices of steak against the grain and at an angle.
- Serve flank steak rolled up in a piece of warmed flat break, with a spoonful of grilled onions, sprinkling of cilantro leaves and a final drizzle of Maple Chipotle Grille Sauce.