By 1999, Stonewall Kitchen was on its way to becoming a household name, known for outstanding jams and irresistible sauces. Nevertheless, Jim and Jon were still looking for their next big project. “As we looked to our future, we wanted someone to be able to walk up and down the aisles of a grocery store and find a Stonewall Kitchen product in almost every aisle,” says Jonathan. “We wanted to be able to have Stonewall Kitchen for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert.”
With breakfast, lunch and dinner products taken care of, it was time to explore dessert sauces. While many of our jams and curds made great desserts, specialized dessert toppings proved to be an exciting and new adventure for Jim and Jon and our Coffee Caramel Sauce was born!
Undeniably rich and buttery with just a hint of coffee essence, our Coffee Caramel Sauce was immediately beloved – and lauded for its deliciousness. The Specialty Food Association recognized our newcomer as an “Outstanding Sweet Topping” finalist in 1999 and again as an “Outstanding New Best Seller” in 2000. This rich treat has been delighting dessert lovers for more than 15 years and helped define our vision of Stonewall Kitchen having a place in pantries morning, noon and night.
Dress up plain Jane vanilla ice cream with this buttery sauce or add a spoonful to your morning coffee for an every day indulgence. We especially love it as a topping to our Warm Walnut Brownie Pudding. Served warm with ice cream and an extra drizzle of Coffee Caramel Sauce, it’s a real crowd pleaser for any gathering you may have.
To celebrate our 25th Anniversary, we’re giving away 1 lucky winner their own jar of Coffee Caramel Sauce. Enter here for your chance to win, as well as a chance to visit us in Maine for the Ultimate Stonewall Kitchen Experience!
Warm Walnut Brownie Pudding
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee
- 1 cup buttermilk (can use powdered)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 sticks butter (1 cup), melted
- 2 cups walnuts, optional
- 1 jar Stonewall Kitchen Coffee Caramel Sauce
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Grease a 9×13-inch baking pan with shortening.
- Blend flour, sugar, baking powder and instant coffee in a bowl. Add buttermilk, vanilla, butter and walnuts. Mix very well so that batter is very firm.
- Spread in your prepared pan and pour Coffee Caramel Sauce on top.
- Bake until bubbles have risen to the top and it feels firm to the touch, about 45 minutes.
- Transfer to rack and cool.
- Cut and serve warm with whipped cream or ice cream.