We take our pancakes and waffles very seriously here at Stonewall Kitchen. After many years of perfecting jams, jellies, sauces, mustards and the rest of our product collection, we turned our attention to pancake mix in 2000. “Our Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle Mix is definitely a spark off other things. We had made so many different jams and syrups over the years, and we needed a really great pancake and waffle mix to complement them,” says Jonathan.
But what makes them so special? We think our secret ingredient of malted flour makes our Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle Mix perfection. It not only makes our pancakes light and fluffy, but it also creates a rich vanilla aroma and flavor that’s simply delicious. “The malt and vanilla gives our mix that extra boost to turn your pancake batter into something really special,” says Michele Cole, Product Developer. A tip from our kitchen? Try using buttermilk in place of regular milk for extra fluffy pancakes.
After the launch of our pancake & waffle mix in 2000, it quickly became a top seller. In fact, it still is! Our guests regularly tell us it makes the best pancakes they’ve ever had. We think so too! And best of all? You can use it for more than pancakes and waffles. Our Recipe Developer has found that the mix makes delicious cookies, muffins and even cookie bars.
For an extra special morning, we love to add pecans and Maine Maple Syrup to our batter and top our pancakes with maple glazed apples for a breakfast that will taste like dessert. Check out the recipe below and try it for yourself!
To celebrate our 25th Anniversary, we’re giving away 1 lucky winner their own canister of Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle Mix! Enter here for your chance to win, as well as a chance to visit us in Maine for the Ultimate Stonewall Kitchen Experience!
Pecan Pancakes with Maple Glazed Apples
For the pancakes –
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Farmhouse Pancake & Waffle Mix
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 3/4 cup whole milk or buttermilk
- 1 Tablespoon Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
For the maple glazed apples –
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- 2 apples, your favorite variety, cored and cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1/8 teaspoon allspice
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Maine Maple Syrup
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the Farmhouse Pancakes & Waffle Mix with pecans. Whisk in egg, milk or buttermilk, melted butter and Maine Maple Syrup.
- Heat griddle to 350°F and grease with butter. Ladle pancake batter onto griddle and flip when air bubbles begin to pop and pancake is golden brown. Turn once and cook until done.
- Repeat for remaining pancake batter.
- For the maple glazed apples, melt 1 Tablespoon butter in a medium skillet set over medium heat. Sauté apple slices, spices and syrup until the apples are tender and caramelized.
- Serve apples over pancakes with additional maple syrup.