As a go-to condiment, how many times have you added ketchup to a burger or hot dog and wished it just tasted better? Well, we have a solution to that – Country Ketchup. Born in 2001, we took a chance and introduced a product that was a little out of the ordinary.
“We were always making ketchups, but this early variety [Country Ketchup] was hands down the best,” says Jonathan. “It’s chunky and scoopable, really more of an old, traditional style ketchup. Many of our early customers would comment that it’s not really a ketchup because it is out of the ordinary.”
Sticking to our dedication for the best ingredients, our Country Ketchup is made with the freshest, ripest, tomatoes and a little magic from some select spices. We believe we’ve created what could be the best tasting ketchup available. It’s zesty and full flavored – a ketchup with a grown up taste, but kids will love it too!
Most of our employees agree that Country Ketchup is a pantry must-have. “It’s not like regular ketchup,” says Sonya, our Customer Service Supervisor. “It’s zest and tangy and I also love that it has chunks of tomatoes. It makes the best meat loaf!”
“Once you taste Country Ketchup, you will never use any other ketchup again,” says Lauren, our York Company Store Manager.
We have to say that we agree with both statements. Our Meat Loaf recipe is one of our most sought after recipes when guests visit us in our Company Stores. Check out the recipe below, try it for yourself and let us know what you think!
To celebrate our 25th Anniversary, we’re giving away 1 lucky winner their own jar of Country Ketchup! Enter here for your chance to win, as well as a chance to visit us in Maine for the Ultimate Stonewall Kitchen Experience!
- 3/4 pound ground beef
- 3/4 pound ground pork
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup Stonewall Kitchen Farmhouse Red Relish
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen Country Ketchup
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Combine the beef, pork, onion, Farmhouse Red Relish, tomato sauce, breadcrumbs, egg and salt. Mix thoroughly and place in prepared loaf pan.
- Combine the ketchup and brown sugar. Spread this mixture over the meat loaf.
- Bake 1 – 1 1/4 hours until the meat loaf is firm and has an internal temperature of 160°F. Remove meat loaf from the oven and drain off fat and let “set” 15 minutes before slicing and serving.