When you combine roasted apples and pure maple syrup with savory onions, garlic and Dijon mustard, something magical happens. That something magical happens to be our Roasted Apple Grille Sauce, a customer favorite since 2007.
“Our quality ingredients are what makes this product so incredible and unique,” says Michele Cole, Product Developer. “We don’t add imitation smoke flavoring. The flavor you taste comes from the smokehouse roasted apples, and then we take it up a notch with real maple syrup. It doesn’t get better than this!”
We perfected this Company Classic grille sauce over the course of a whole year before launching it, once we discovered the perfect source for our roasted apples. “The apples we use are amazing,” says Michele. “They still have the grill marks on them! That’s when you know you have a quality ingredient – they are literally roasted.”
Those perfectly roasted apples mingle with sweet maple syrup and brown sugar and savory onions, cider vinegar, garlic and Dijon mustard for the ultimate sweet, yet savory sauce. It was deemed the Outstanding Cooking Sauce or Flavor Enhancer award winner by the National Association for the Specialty Food Trade in 2007.
“The first time I tried our Roasted Apple Grille Sauce I instantly wished I had tried it sooner because it is SO delicious,” says Alyssa, Marketing Coordinator. “One of my favorite recipes to make with it is a cream sauce over pork with caramelized apples, onions and sautéed mushrooms. It sounds fancy, but it really comes together quickly for a weeknight dinner. I use it on roasted Brussels sprouts, too, or just mixed with caramelized onions and apples over chicken.”
Enhance grilled meats, baste short ribs or pork loin or add to homemade baked beans to turn ordinary into extraordinary. For a twist, try using it in our Breakfast Strata recipe the next time you need a brunch dish. Check out the recipe below!
To celebrate our 25th Anniversary, we’re giving away 1 lucky winner their own jar of Roasted Apple Grille Sauce! Enter here for your chance to win, as well as a chance to visit us in Maine for the Ultimate Stonewall Kitchen Experience!
- 8-10 slices white bread, such as hearty peasant or Italian, crusts removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 granny smith apple, cored, peeled and finely chopped
- 3 cups sharp white cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup Stonewall Kitchen Roasted Apple Grille Sauce
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 5 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme leaves
- Sauté bacon until crisp and drain on paper towels.
- Butter a 9×13-inch baking dish. Place half of the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with half of the granny smith apple, cheddar cheese and bacon. Repeat layers.
- Drizzle the Roasted Apple Grille Sauce over the bread cubes.
- Whisk together the cream, milk, eggs, salt, pepper and thyme.
- Pour egg mixture over bread cubes. Press down with a spatula.
- Cover with plastic wrap for at least 30 minutes, or overnight, in the refrigerator.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour until golden brown and cooked through. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.