We’ve created and developed many salad dressings over the years, but none quite as special as our Balsamic Fig Dressing, which launched in 2008. Although intense with balsamic flavor and rich fig, this Company Classic has been one of our go-to dressings for many, many salads over the years as it is so versatile.
“We had this fantastic dressing that had notes of balsamic and fig at a restaurant during one of our trips, and that was the first time we had tried that flavor combination,” says Jonathan. “That’s really how many of our products got their start – what tasted good to us at the time usually became a product to consider for product development.”
The mellow tang of rich balsamic vinegar blends wonderfully with sweet, mysterious and deliciously ripe figs for a perfectly robust dressing. It was even awarded most “Outstanding Salad Dressing” in 2008 at the Fancy Food Show! Experiment and try it as a marinade for a fabulous meal or add it to a baby spinach salad garnished with poached pears, dried cranberries, blue cheese and toasted pecans. The possibilities are delicious! Try our classic Beet Salad in the recipe below.
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs. fresh beets
- 3 Tablespoons Stonewall Kitchen California Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin rings
- 3 oz. Stilton cheese, crumbled
- 8 cups mixed greens, washed and dried
- Stonewall Kitchen Balsamic Fig Dressing
- To toast walnuts, place nuts on a baking pan. Place in a preheated 375°F oven for approximately 7-9 minutes until they are light brown and fragrant.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F.
- Wash beets thoroughly, then coat in olive oil, sprinkle with salt and wrap each in aluminum foil.
- Put aluminum foil wrapped beets on a baking sheet. Roast until they are fork-tender (approximately 45-60 minutes, depending on their size).
- Unwrap beets. When cool enough to handle, remove their skin. Cut into quarters.
- Place lettuce on serving dishes. Top with roasted beets, crumbled blue cheese and toasted walnuts. Drizzle Balsamic Fig Dressing over each salad.