While the official “back-to-school” season may be over, making school lunches for our children every morning isn’t. So we teamed up with Lauren from Heart of Deborah to give us some mommy hacks to give those school lunches a little gourmet flair! Not to mention, Garnet Hill helped us find the perfect reusable lunch boxes and snack bags.
“As a busy mom I love finding easy cheats to make meal time faster and easier!” says Lauren.
Here are Lauren’s 5 Lunch Box Tips for busy moms:
- Choose quality ingredients. Revamp the classic peanut butter and jelly sandwich with gourmet jam. Try Strawberry Jam or Wild Maine Blueberry Jam made with non-GMO ingredients – you’ll feel good about giving it to your kids and they’ll love the fun flavor options.
- Add some crunch! Snack mixes are the perfect addition for an on-the-go snack. I love the Ultimate Snack Mix for the flavor and convenience. It’s a gourmet snack made easy!
- Use reusable baggies. Always running out of snack bags in your house? Consider using reusable snack bags instead like these from Garnet Hill Kids. You will never run out and your child will love the fun, bright patterns!
- Add whole foods. We also try to pack one or two whole foods to go with the sandwich and snacks. Apples, bananas and blueberries are easy fruit options while sliced cucumbers, carrots and red peppers are the perfect finger food vegetable.
- Plan ahead. Instead of waiting the morning of school, pack your child’s lunch at night. Your morning will be less stressful and you can involve your children in the lunch making process. They may be more willing to eat it if they help you pack it!
Check out some of our favorite back-to-school recipes!