No matter how much you’ve indulged at a holiday dinner, inevitably, you always want something sweet after your meal. One of our newest dessert sauces, Crème de Menthe Chocolate Sauce, was inspired by our love for those classic chocolate after dinner mints that are always such a satisfying bite after a meal. We decided to take that very dessert sauce and put our spin on a mint chocolate after dinner treat by making truffles! And we promise, they’re every bit as indulgent as they look.
By just processing a few simple ingredients in a food processor, you have a rich, minty, chocolatey bite that is perfect for packaging up and giving as a gift or serving at your next get-together. We partnered with our friends at Salem Baking Company whose Chocolate Dipped Mint Moravian Cookies are the perfect pair for our Crème de Menthe Chocolate Sauce!
Mint Chocolate Truffles
- 30 Salem Baking Company Chocolate Dipped Mint Moravian Cookies
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup Stonewall Kitchen Crème de Menthe Chocolate Sauce
- 4 ounces dipping chocolate (milk or semisweet chocolate)
- Place cookies in small batches into a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Pulse until cookies are a fine crumb. Measure 1 cup crumbs and set the rest aside in a medium bowl.
- Combine 1 cup cookie crumbs, cream cheese and Crème de Menthe Chocolate Sauce in the bowl of the food processor. Pulse until uniformly mixed. Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- Melt dipping chocolate according to package instructions.
- Form cookie mixture into ¾-inch balls. Roll half the balls in the remaining cookie crumbs and dip the rest in the chocolate, letting excess chocolate drip off. Sprinkle extra cookie crumbs on top, if desired. Let chocolate set. Truffles can be stored covered in the refrigerator.