Taco Tuesday, that is! We don’t know about you, but we hope that this is one food trend that always sticks around. Our love for taco nights will never fade and there’s just something so fun about everyone filling their own tortillas with their choice of toppings. Because let’s be real, tacos are all about the toppings, right?
Remember the Maple Bourbon Braised Beef we made last week? Chances are if you make this at home, you’ll have some leftovers unless you’re feeding a crowd. And those leftovers inspired us to re-purpose the shredded beef into a deliciously unique taco. Paired with soft, caramelized onions and crispy kale slaw we were sold after just one bite. We love the seasonal flavor and how incredibly easy these tacos are to put together. Gather some friends, make a pitcher of margaritas (Traditional or Spicy, the choice is yours) and enjoy!
Maple Bourbon Braised Beef Tacos
For the slaw dressing –
- 2 teaspoons shallots, minced
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
For the slaw –
- 1 cup kale (preferably Lacianto), stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 cup radicchio or red cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup carrots, shredded
For the tacos –
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 small flour or corn tortillas
- 2 cups shredded, Maple Bourbon Braised Beef recipe
- Salt and pepper
- Avocado, peeled, pit removed and sliced
- Chopped cilantro
- Pepitas, toasted
- Jalapeño pepper, sliced
- Manchego cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine the shallots, mustard, Sriracha and red wine vinegar. Slowly whisk in the olive oil.
- Combine the kale, radicchio or red cabbage and carrots in a medium bowl. Toss with enough dressing to lightly coat the slaw just before serving. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Heat 2 Tablespoons butter and 2 Tablespoons oil over medium-low heat. Add onion and sauté until golden brown.
- Wrap the tortillas in foil and heat for 5-10 minutes in the oven.
- Top each tortilla with braised beef, caramelized onions and kale slaw. Garnish with avocado, cilantro, pepitas, jalapeño and cheese. Serve immediately.
For more Taco Tuesday recipes, check out our website! Whether you’re craving a traditional ground beef taco, fish, shrimp or lobster tacos, we’ve got you covered. Show us your #tacotuesday creations and tag us on Instagram @stonewallkitchen!