We understand how hectic weeknights can be. Errands, picking up the kids, a quick run to the grocery store because you’re out of milk… all that time spent out and about after work means dinner needs to be fast. And easy! We have just the solution.
One of our favorite weeknight dinners to make involves one pan to wash and little to no hands-on cooking time. That way you can kick back, relax with a glass of wine and flip through a magazine while your oven does all the work. You can serve a protein, starch and vegetable meal that is not only flavorful, but an easy to clean up, too! You really can have the best of both worlds.
Lemon Dijon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
- 3½ lb chicken, quartered
- ½ cup Stonewall Kitchen Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb small fingerling potatoes, cut in half lengthwise
- 2-4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 Tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 3/4 lb asparagus, trimmed
- Pour Lemon Dijon Vinaigrette over chicken coating all sides. Refrigerate for at least two hours. (You could also refrigerate overnight if you want to prep ahead!)
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Throw away excess dressing. Place chicken on a greased sheet pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss potatoes with enough olive oil to lightly coat. Season with salt, pepper and rosemary. Arrange potatoes on baking sheet between pieces of chicken. Bake 40-50 minutes until the chicken is golden brown and has an internal temperature of 165°F and the potatoes are tender and slightly crisp (these may be turned over half way through the cook time).
- In the meantime, toss asparagus with enough oil to lightly coat and season with salt and pepper. Place on baking sheet with chicken and potatoes for the last 10 minutes of the baking time.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes before serving.