Not only is it Friday (a day to always celebrate!) but it’s Cinco de Mayo! Celebrate with our Cilantro Lime Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner , using our tasty Cilantro Lime Dressing. Or, if you are feeling more like a vegetarian dish, see the recipe below for our Vegetable Skillet Enchiladas! Either way, you can’t go wrong!
Vegetable Skillet Enchiladas
- 6 small corn tortillas
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, cored, stem removed, diced
- 1/2 cup fresh corn kernels
- 1 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 jar Stonewall Kitchen Enchilada Sauce
- 2 cups (8-ounces) butternut squash noodles (butternut squash that has been spiralized)
- 2 cups (8-ounces) zucchini noodles (zucchini that has been spiralized)
- 1 cup Monterey Pepper Jack cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Cut each tortilla into 8 small triangles.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add tortilla triangles in small batches tossing and turning every so often until crisp and golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from pan and place on folded paper towel. Add more oil if needed and continue until all triangles are cooked. Combine the salt and cumin and sprinkle over tortilla crisps.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onions, red bell pepper and corn. Sauté until tender. Stir in black beans and Enchilada Sauce.
- Add butternut squash and stir. Place lid on skillet and cook over medium heat about 5 minutes or until the butternut squash is tender but still a little crisp.
- Add zucchini and cook several more minutes. Be careful to not stir too much or the noodles will break apart. Add cheese and cover with lid until the cheese has melted.
- Serve with tortilla crisps and top with sour cream, avocado and cilantro.